Chantal Proulx has been painting for more than 20 years. She paints mostly abstract artworks. She has participated in exhibitions and live painting events.
Since 2018, her artworks are available online throught galleries such as Artfinder, Saatchi, Singulart, Artmajeur and Artsper. Her paintings are now part of several private collections in Canada, United States, Australia, Asia, Mexico and in several countries in Europe.
After exploring numerous media such as sculpture, silk painting and watercolor, I finally adopted acrylic painting and mixed media.
I paint abstract works where color, movement and spontaneity take pride of place. It was the abstract expressionist painters Riopelle, Kandinsky, Twombly and De Kooning who fascinated me from my teenage years and who still inspire me today.
My art is about transmitting joy and beauty through colours and emotion in a very spontaneous way. And for me, abstract art is the perfect way to achieve that.
I work in a spontaneous, intuitive and gestural way, where the unconscious takes up more space than the conscious. I do not seek to represent my environment, but rather to evoke an emotion. I first choose a color palette, then I spread the paint without really thinking. A dialogue takes place between the canvas and me. When I am satisfied with the result, I take a break which allows me to think about the next step. I add details that guide the eye through the work and give it meaning.
In the Press
Circle Quarterly Art Review #7 (Fall 2021)
4 artworks selected
Saatchi’s Fall 2020 Catalogue
3 artworks selected
- 2020: Exhibition «Aquarelles », Galerie Lenoir, Montreal, Canada
- 2019: Exhibition « Christmas Market » M Galerie, L’Assomption, Canada
- 2019: Exhibition « L’art suspendu », Sanary-sur-Mer, France
- 2018: Exhibition « Christmas Market », M Galerie, L’Assomption, Canada
- 2018: Local exhibition with the artists association Les artistes Point’arts, Montreal, Canada
- 2017: Exhibition at the library of Pointe-aux-Trembles, Montreal, Canada
- 2016: Exhibition at the library of Pointe-aux-Trembles, Montreal, Canada
- 2020: Permanent exhibition, M Galerie, L’Assomption, Quebec, Canada
- 2007: Conception and production of a permanent mosaic called « L’eau, la vie » at College de Bois-de-Boulogne, Montreal, Pavillon Ignace-Bourget (4th floor)
- 2023: The Other Art Fair (Los Angeles)
- 2020: Symposium des arts UV Mutuelle de Drummondville, Canada
- 2015: Participation to « RAP en direct » at Maison Beaudry, Montreal, Canada
- 2009: Donation for auction to Centrale des syndicats du Québec (CSQ), « Cariatides de l’idéal », watercolour and inkencre
- 2009: Donation for auction to Syndicat des enseignantes et enseignants du Collège de Bois-de-Boulogne, « Semeuses d’espoir », silk painting