Chantal Proulx has been painting for more than 20 years. She paints mostly abstract artworks. She has participated in exhibitions and live painting events.
Since 2018, her artworks are available online throught galleries such as Artfinder, Saatchi, Singulart, Artmajeur and Gallea. Her paintings are now part of several private collections in Canada, Australia, Asia, the United States and in several countries in Europe.
After exploring numerous media such as sculpture, silk painting and watercolor, I finally adopted acrylic painting and mixed media.
I paint abstract works where color, movement and spontaneity are honored. It was the abstract expressionist painters Kandinsky and De Kooning who fascinated me from my teenage years and who still inspire me today.
I do not seek to represent my environment, but rather to create an emotion in the viewer. This emotion is undoubtedly the result of the interaction of color and spontaneous gestures behind each work.
My artistic process begins with the choice of a basic color palette. I particularly like the bright and strong colors which are, for me, synonymous with joy. The pigments are applied in broad, spontaneous and rapid gestures where the subconscious takes up more space than the conscious. While the paint is still wet, I add other colors that I partially mix on the canvas, keeping the traces of brushes or any other visible instrument. This is what creates the basic texture enhanced with marks of graphite, watercolor pencils or charcoal. Once these first layers are dry, I add a few details such as dots, lines or solid shapes that highlight certain areas and that guide the viewer’s eye through a visual journey unique to each work.
- 2020: Exhibition «Aquarelles », Galerie Lenoir, Montreal, Canada
- 2019: Exhibition « Christmas Market » M Galerie, L’Assomption, Canada
- 2019: Exhibition « L’art suspendu », Sanary-sur-Mer, France
- 2018: Exhibition « Christmas Market », M Galerie, L’Assomption, Canada
- 2018: Local exhibition with the artists association Les artistes Point’arts, Montreal, Canada
- 2017: Exhibition at the library of Pointe-aux-Trembles, Montreal, Canada
- 2016: Exhibition at the library of Pointe-aux-Trembles, Montreal, Canada
- 2020: Permanent exhibition, M Galerie, L’Assomption, Quebec, Canada
- 2007: Conception and production of a permanent mosaic called « L’eau, la vie » at College de Bois-de-Boulogne, Montreal, Pavillon Ignace-Bourget (4th floor)
- 2020: Symposium des arts UV Mutuelle de Drummondville, Canada
- 2015: Participation to « RAP en direct » at Maison Beaudry, Montreal, Canada
- 2009: Donation for auction to Centrale des syndicats du Québec (CSQ), « Cariatides de l’idéal », watercolour and inkencre
- 2009: Donation for auction to Syndicat des enseignantes et enseignants du Collège de Bois-de-Boulogne, « Semeuses d’espoir », silk painting